Friday, September 21, 2012

Cooking With Madelynn

I am always super excited when I find a great recipe that is easy enough to have one of the kids help me make it. I like to get them involved with cooking when I can because I think it helps them realize what goes into making the meal and hopefully makes them more interested in trying new things. Homemade Chicken and Dumplings is definitely a winner in the kid department and we have had it quite a lot. Madelynn has helped me every time except the first. We followed the recipe on Tasty Kitchen Blog.

 Here she is cutting the dumplings into squares! Or.... rectangles. :)

 Placing them all on a plate and flouring them.

Stirring! So proud of herself for cooking dinner.

Both of the kids are taking a cooking class in co-op right now and are excited to try new recipes that they have learned at home. I am thinking of starting a little cookbook for Madelynn of the stuff she enjoys cooking AND eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment