Saturday, February 25, 2012

This And That

I want to share my cute little thing I did for the kids for Valentine's day. I made them coupon books. Do you remember making coupon books for your parents when you were little? Like, redeem this for me to wash the dishes and all that good stuff. :) Well, because we homeschool, I spend a lot of time with the kids reading and doing school, but don't often spend time with them doing things they want to do. SO, I thought of a bunch of stuff that they always want to do with me but I am always saying I can't right now because I have such and such to do and made a coupon book for them. I feel like it will help me to get in the habit of devoting some time to doing things with them that they want to do! They were excited about them and then Daddy came home with a Wii. Haha! Who cares about Mommy's coupons when Daddy brings home a Wii!? :) Nah, they like them still. 

Next order of business. Logan turned ONE yesterday! Oh my goodness! I can't believe it has been a year already! I gotta tell you, I am still pretty smitten with him. He really is such a cutie and does the funniest things. I'm quite attached to the little fellow. :)

 Lastly, we made pin dolls today! This is mine. :)

Carson made a Peter Pan pin person on the right there. He had a little lego sword stuck in his belt for a dagger. He also plans on making a jedi and using a tiny dowel rod to make a lightsaber. Madelynn's is on the left, she said it is her. :) These were really so much fun. I saw them on pinterest and was dying to do it. I think I could get quite addicted to making these cute little things! I'd like to get some teeny flower stickers or something to put in their hair, maybe some little cupcake beads to glue in their hands. Seriously do a pinterest search on pin dolls, there are some ADORABLE pin dolls out there. Here is a tutorial for them. I was able to find everything I needed at Hobby Lobby. :)

I also finished the zigzag baby blanket from the last post! I just have to weave in all those pesky ends. I started on Madelynn's blanket too. I decided on doing a granny stripe and am planning on making it big enough to lay on top of her twin bed. I will post a picture of the progress of it soon. I think it will look very charming atop a white comforter. I can't wait until she has her own room for me to make all girly! :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so crafty! I wish I were crafty. Lol. I don't think I have the patience, I don't guess.

    Logan is so handsome! I just want to squeeze him! All of them, actually. I miss my nephews and nieces. :(

    I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little dolls! And I love the idea of the coupon books. I'm working on becoming more of a "fun mom," so this would go perfectly with that!

    ReplyDelete